Academic calendar year: September 1st to June 30th. Orientation session scheduling might require arrival prior to September 1st. The Summer semester is not available.
- Teach English as a Second Language (ESL) for adult learners
- Complete Corporate English Language Trainer Course & attend all sessions
Schedule & Availability:
This is a full time post and participants must guarantee full time availability. Classes are normally given outside of your students´ work hours, meaning early morning, lunchtime, and late afternoon. This means that a typical working day can extend from 8.00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. with travel time in between. In general, you will be giving classes between 8:00-10:00, and/or mid-day, 13:00 to 17:00, and/or 17:30-20:00h. During the time slots in between giving classes, you will be receiving group training in the Corporate English Trainer course, which entails receiving individualized coaching from Senior Teachers, or participating in international projects.
Training and cultural integration: Due to our unique international focus, our training program provides an excellent competitive edge in the job market for those who aspire to working in an international environment. The training program includes:
- Cultural Orientation: Interns will begin their program with an orientation workshop. The orientation is designed to prepare you for making a smooth transition to living in Spain. It deals with all aspects of practical, day-to-day living issues (i.e. banking, shopping, transportation, etc.) as well as cultural awareness practices and information.
- Corporate English Language Trainer course (CETS): Interns receive a 2-week intensive (induction) and monthly workshops on language education for adult learners who apply language to their business environment. The course program covers areas such as level testing, methodology, progress assessment, class planning, classroom dynamics for the corporate sector, etc. A full range of core curriculum teaching materials for the academic year in addition to supplementary material packs are provided. The course is very specialised and focused on language training for the corporate sector, thus it complements and provides added value to TESOL undergraduate degrees and other TESOL certification options.
- Personal Coaching: As part of the Corporate English Trainer course, interns will be assigned a Senior Tutor who acts both as a coach and mentor. Senior Tutors provide personalized pedagogical support and guide the intern through their classroom and training experiences throughout the course of the academic year.
Spanish Course: All participants have free access to our virtual learning Spanish course (ispeakuspeak. See website www.ispeakuspeak.com) You will be able to improve your Spanish as part of your intercultural experience.
- Cultural Excursions: Each trimester we organize cultural excursions to broaden your experience in Spain. Our aim is to expand your horizons on Spanish history, nature, arts, cuisine, and more…. The excursions are optional, and co-financed 50 % by Training Express.
- Classroom Experience: 600 hours of classroom experience with evaluation and observation sessions.
- Pedagogical development experience: In addition to classroom experience, you will also participate in course and material development projects guided by our Learning Department director. It´s an opportunity to try your creative talents and learn a different aspect of the ESL profession.
Certification: Upon completion of the internship, the intern receives a certificate that documents:
- Corporate English Language Trainer course completion
- Nº of classroom hours taught
Monthly Stipend: Is varied based on number of participation hours per month. We guarantee a minimum of 500 € gross for 40 teaching hours a month.
Participation in international projects is paid extra and the amount varies depending on the project.
Final Scholarship Award: At the end of the course (June) the student will enter into a selection process for receiving a scholarship of 1000 €. The criteria for being a scholarship candidate are:
- To have attended all CETS course training sessions and workshops
- To have received a passing grade on the CETS course & evaluation of Senior Teacher
- To have satisfactorily given practice training sessions (based on student mid-term or end-of-course evaluations)
- A positive final evaluation of practice sessions by Senior Teacher through classroom observation
- To have complied with internal administrative responsibilities throughout the course
In the event that there is more than one candidate who has the same results based on the above criteria, the scholarship will be awarded through an anonymous and objective drawing.
Costs & Included Services: A placement fee applies upon aplication to the program and the entire package for the academic year includes the following services:
- Pre-Departure support and Visa processing
- Orientation. Full orientation provided upon arrival
- 4 -day arrival induction for Orientation. Full orientation provided upon arrival.
- Corporate English Language Training Course & Certificate
- Spanish course via ispeakuspeak.com
- Cultural Excursions ( optional and co-financed 50% by Training Express)
- Access to our virtual TESOL library and material resource bank
- Accommodation assistance option through agency
Contract and conditions:
Upon arrival in Spain, a standard internship contract will be signed detailing the economic conditions and collaboration continuity until the end of the academic year, June 30th.
Void of Agreement contract policy: In the event that the participant decides to withdraw his or her participation prior to the finalisation of the academic year, or Training Express is obligated to suspend the collaboration due to non compliance or performance reasons, Training Express will not be responsible for any costs associated with participating in the internship (i.e. relocation expenses, etc.)